With the history of airliner shoot-downs – The Korean Boeing lost some years ago, the Malayan one over the Ukraine a few years ago, the loss of the second Malayan jet somewhere, and now the downing of a Ukrainian Boeing in Iran, I’m put to wondering several things:
- Do Russian rockets have a safety switch or are they live all the time? If they do have a no-fire position on the controller, is it Soviet-era quality?
- Are the rocketeers on drugs? Some sort of amphetamine to increase their speed of response?
- Do Russian targeting systems not have an IFF function? Or is everyone else in the world considered an F?
- Was it necessary to fly out of the Tehran airport in the middle of an alert?
- Was it deliberate? Was any of it deliberate?
- Where was Jane Fonda at the time?