I shall have to take this new year – the first one in retirement – very seriously. To aid in this I shall need to make ten resolutions.
- Find my old enemies and buy them a slap-up lunch with good liquor and delicious food. Enjoy myself immensely. Show them that their enmity was and is futile.
- Find my old friends and buy them a slap-up dinner with good liquor and delicious food. Enjoy myself immensely. Show them that they have not been forgotten.
- Discover how to make my weblog columns more distinctive and control the advertisements that cluster round them.
- Fantasise and illustrate my fantasies. Produce a book of the illustrations.
- Learn to scratchbuild models.
- Build a retirement income through my photography and writing.
- Accost innocent strangers in the street and force non-violence on them whether they want it or not.
- Lead a doomsday cult of deluded followers onto a sodden paddock in the Swan Valley at midnight in the middle of winter in pouring rain. And then slip quietly away as they stand there singing ” Amazing Grace ” for hours until the shire ranger comes and tells them to piss off.
- Air condition the computer/photo room for summer. Or learn to type naked.
- Develop a gun that will fire bedbugs.
I’ll let you now how we are getting on as the year develops.